Raise the Roof!
I built the roof of the chicken coop! I'm very pleased. It was a complicated step that required a fair bit of geometry. I had such a busy month that I haven't had a good work day on the coop in nearly three weeks. Here it is, though. It isn't done, but it is free standing and solid. Next, I have to add supports to the corners so that it has the right shape so that I can attach chickenwire. I built the general roof a few weeks ago, but it was very rickety. Today, I started by straightening it out and screwing it all together. These blocks were bolted down. You can't see the masonry bolt well. Another beam attached My neighbor's son helped me lift it up. Added another beam to the front and back Here it is!